Eyelid Surgery Darlington
Dr. Kim provides a broad range of treatments throughout Darlington and the surrounding areas. His expertise includes a complete range of facial surgeries, including oculoplastic eyelid procedures. Dr. Kim’s aim is to guide you through your eyelid surgery, whether you’re having an upper or lower eyelid procedure, as simply and as comfortably as possible.
Surgery on the upper eyelids generally involves:
- Making a cut (incision) along the eyelid crease in the natural skin fold of the eyelid.
- Removing excess skin, fat or muscle.
- Closing the incision– the scar will be hidden in the natural fold of the eyelid.
Surgery on the lower eyelids generally involves:
- Making an incision either just below the lower lashes or on the inside of the eyelid.
- Moving or removing fat from the bags under the eyes, and sometimes also a small amount of skin.
- Supporting the muscles and tendon of the eyelid, if necessary.
Benefits of Eyelid Surgery
- Increased overall self-confidence and self-esteem.
- Correct premature ageing.
- Improved appearance / look younger.
- Improved vision in some cases.
- Easier application of make-up.
- Take away that ‘tired look’.
Eye bag removal surgery, also known as blepharoplasty, is a straightforward procedure that usually takes between 1-3 hours to complete and is often carried out as a day case procedure. If you’re based within Darlington or the surrounding areas, make sure to get in touch with Dr. Kim to arrange your free 10-minute consultation on 07933239554.