It is strongly advisable that you make your GP aware of your desire to undertake surgery, so that he/she can advise you and also refer you to an appropriately qualified surgeon.
Your initial consultation will consist of:
- A detailed medical history including medication history
- Careful clinical examination
- Discussion of your expectations, concerns and any other queries
- Discussion regarding what can and cannot be achieved surgically
- Detailed information regarding the procedure, risks, complications and recovery period
- Photographs may be taken to aid planning
A close friend or relative is very welcome to accompany you for any consultation, indeed recommended. For the larger cosmetic procedures, I would strongly recommend a second consultation in order to make a considered decision prior to surgery.
I provide free ten-minute consultation events on a regular basis, arranged through the BMI and Spire hospitals.