It is strongly advisable that you make your GP aware of your desire to undertake surgery, so that they can advise you and also refer you to an appropriately qualified surgeon.
Your initial consultation will consist of:
- A detailed medical history including medication history.
- Careful clinical examination.
- Discussion of your expectations, concerns and any other queries.
- Discussion regarding what can and cannot be achieved surgically.
- Detailed information regarding the procedure, risks, complications and recovery period.
- Photographs may be taken to aid planning.
A close friend or relative is very welcome to accompany you for any consultation, and is often recommended. For the larger cosmetic procedures, we would strongly recommend a second consultation in order to make a considered decision prior to surgery.
We provide free mini-consultation events on a regular basis, arranged through the BMI and Nuffield hospitals.