Wrinkle Reduction Injections
Botulinum toxins have revolutionised our approach to facial ageing, particularly in the upper face.
When to consider Botox®
- Deep lines between your eyes make you look tired, angry, sad, or upset.
- Your facial expressions cause wrinkles in and around your eyes and forehead.
- There is asymmetry in your eyebrows or face that can be corrected by relaxing a muscle.
- You suffer from migraine headaches and Botulinum toxin may provide relief from this condition.
- Can help you appear less angry and more approachable
- Make subtle changes that give you a refreshed or well-rested look
- Injections are relatively painless and carry a low risk, with little-to-no downtime.
Botulinum toxin work by blocking the nerves to muscles, stopping the muscle from being able to contract. Contrary to popular belief, Botulinum toxins do not paralyse muscles but rather relax them. The art of injecting Botulinum toxin lies in altering the delicate balance between the muscles of facial expression. These muscles can broadly be divided into two main groups: those that lift the face up and those that pull the face down. The goal of Botulinum toxin treatment is to weaken the muscles that pull the face down, enhancing the effect of the muscles that lift the face up.
The frown lines are one of the most commonly treated areas using Botulinum toxin. The muscles that we use to frown also depress the brow and so by relaxing them using Botulinum toxin, and preventing that effect, we can simultaneously lift the brow making the eye look more open and awake.