Surgery for Men
Offering a range of Cosmetic surgery procedures suitable for men including male chest reduction, liposuction and Tummy tuck.
Gynaecomastia (Male breasts) surgery or Male Chest reduction
Gynaecomastia – more commonly known as “man boobs” – affects around 15% of adult men in the UK and is caused when excess fat develops in a man’s breast area. This fat can be very hard to shift, even if a weight loss plan has worked for the rest of the body, and the resulting ‘man boobs’ can cause embarrassment and can undermine confidence. Body contouring procedures can rectify these problems.
Do you suffer from:
- Embarrassment, particularly when changing in public
- Problems with sexual relationships
- Unhappiness with physical appearance and outline in clothing
- Emotional conflict over sexual identity
The benefits of surgery:
- Both physical and psychological benefits
- Removes those unattractive sagging breasts
- Allows the more defined pectoralis major muscles hidden below to show through like they should
- No longer have to suffer with the embarrassment of having breasts
- You can take your shirt off in public and not have to be self conscious
Surgery involves Liposuction or excision
Liposuction is suitable for men with moderate enlargement of their breasts, without significant excess chest skin. It is performed under general anaesthetic whereby the fatty component from the breast tissue is removed. Liposuction will not remove the breast gland tissue as this is not composed of fatty tissue
Excision is suitable for larger degrees of Gynaecomastia. It will result in a flatter chest and can be combined with liposuction. A cut is usually located around the areola (the area around the nipple) to access the breast tissue.
The recovery depends on whether you have had liposuction or excisional surgery. If you had liposuction, you will normally be back to everyday activities within one week. You will be encouraged to wear a light support garment for 4-6 weeks following the procedure to gently compress your chest area. This reduces swelling and bruising and speeds recovery. Recovery from the excisional technique is slightly longer because of the incision around your nipple area. Your stitches may need to be trimmed around one week after your operation. You may also need to wear a support garment in the same fashion as if you had liposuction.